Do you have questions? The answers below may help.
1. What are the benefits of a professionally written resume?
- A professionally written resume will help you find a job faster. A professional, persuasive resume will prompt the reader to make contact right away.
- Saves you time researching the best methods, layouts and keywords. At Langley Writing Services, we have prepared 900+ resumes and cover letters and know what format will work best for you. We prepare resumes for all industries and are familiar with the keywords that will catch a hiring manager’s eye.
- Our resumes are optimized to appeal to recruiters, hiring managers, and resume tracking software.
- Helps you be more successful in your job search by ensuring your resume appeals to both hiring managers and the software they use to screen resumes.
2. What do your clients have to say about your services?
3. Do you offer a free resume review?
Yes! Cathy at Langley Writing Services is an expert resume writer and and give you valuable feedback on how to ensure your resume gets you the interview. She knows what top hiring managers and recruiters are looking for and how to best represent your experience and skills. You can upload your resume for a free review now and she will provide you personalized expert advice within two business days.
4. How much does a professionally written resume cost?
It depends on how much work is needed and whether you need a cover letter to go with your resume. Typically, prices range from $249 – $649. Please see our services page for more details.
Cathy offers several resume writing packages from entry level to executive so no matter what career you are in or are changing careers, she has just what you need.
5. How does the resume writing process work?
Once all the necessary information has been collected from you, Cathy will put together the first draft for your review. You can suggest edits and ask her to expand on certain points or revise what is needed. After edits and revisions have been approved by you, the final product will pass through applicant tracking systems (ATS), optimized for keywords and formatting that the prospective employer will be looking for so that your resume is most effective in reaching the people it needs to.
6. How do I get started?
7. Do you offer a guarantee on your resume writing services?
Absolutely! Cathy has written well over 1000 resumes and knows what works. So if you don’t receive more job interviews with your newly written resume she will rewrite it for you at no cost within 120?? days.
8. What other kind of writing services do you offer?
Cathy provides various kinds of professional writing services. LinkedIn profile writing to cover letters, advocacy documents, blogs, news releases, grant proposal writing and speeches. Here’s a full list of services on offer.
9. What is your refund policy?
All service purchases are final; however, Cathy will work together with you and write a first draft and a revision to ensure complete satisfaction.
10. Does everyone need professional resume-writing services?
No, not every job seeker needs help with their resume. If their current resume is properly formatted and showcases the skills they need for the job application then they’re good to go. Upload your resume for a free review. We will provide specific, personalized expert advice on how to improve your resume within 2-3 business days. There is no obligation to hire our services, so not to worry.
11. Do you offer different types of resumes?
Yes! There are 3 standard types of resumes and we write them all. The Functional Resume, the Reverse Chronological Resume and the Combination Resume.
The Functional Resume highlights your primary skills and accomplishments at the beginning, rather than your chronological work history.
The Reverse Chronological Resume lists your pertinent professional roles, starting with your most recent position and working backward from there.
The Combination Resume includes elements of both the chronological and functional formats with either a shorter chronology of job descriptions preceded by a short “Skills and Accomplishments” section, and an extended summary section including a skills or qualifications list, or with accomplishments under headings of different jobs held. Skills and experience are always listed first, followed by employment history.
Regardless of the type of resume you choose we will put together a package that suits your needs exactly.